This is on the basis of - “Syllabus for Postgraduate Entrance Examination (2020)”
A common consensus on relevant issues related to syllabus were generated with brainstorming and regular discussions as per above mentioned process involving all stakeholders related to training of postgraduate academic programs. The details of which are presented below. Pls note that these are subject to change and keep yourself updated by viewing the relevant official website.
- MCQs will be of Single Best Response Type (Type A) with four options.
- Consensus was generated to allow 3 hours with instruction to the paper setter that the stem or vignette of the MCQ should not exceed 60 words.
- Include 10 marks from the topics of CPD programs in MD/MS Program Including medical ethics, basic and advanced cardiac life support, communication skills, rational use of medicines, infection prevention etc. in order to address human sensitivity and professionalism.
- Adopt Criterion Referenced Test with 50% pass mark with no negative marking.
- Difficulty level of the items should be set from the time of item preparation as:
- Recall: 30%
- Understanding: 50%
- Application and above: 20%
- MBBS or equivalent
- Registered in the respective professional council of the applicant's country.
- One year experience for Nepalese candidates. (Except for MDGP and MD/MS in Basic Medical Sciences excluded)
- Candidate should score minimum of 50% (Pass Marks) in the Entrance Examinations conducted by Medical Education Commission for being eligible to be in the merit list
- Single best response type with Multiple choice questions
- Four options (A, B, C, D)
- No. of questions - 200
- Recall: Understanding: Application–30:50:20
- Duration - 3 hours (including one time voluntary toilet break, to be allowed only after an hour)
List of Registered Postgraduate Medical (Health Professionals) Programs
- MD Anaesthesiology
- MD Dermatology
- MD Internal Medicine
- MD Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- MD Ophthalmology
- MD Pediatrics
- MD Psychiatry
- MD Radiodiagnosis
- MD/(MD Clinical) Biochemistry
- MD/(MD Clinical) Pharmacology
- MD/(MD Clinical) Physiology
- MD Community Medicine
- MD Forensic Medicine
- MD/(MD Clinical) Microbiology
- MD/(MD Clinical) Pathology
- MD Radiation Oncology
- MD General Practice & Emergency Medicine
- MS General Surgery
- MS/(MS Clinical) Anatomy
- MS Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery
- MS Otorhinolaryngology and Head, Neck Surgery
The details above are taken from the GON’s official page. Pls click the link to view the same